The Bowyer Arms, the village’s public house, was built in the middle of the 19th century. The railway station lies behind it. Morland, the former Abingdon brewers, bought the pub in 1889, having previously leased it from the Bowyer Estate, and it is now owned by Greene King. It was extensively refurbished a few years ago and is a popular and flourishing part of village life.
Some of the pub’s history is given in a Radley History Club publication, The Silvester Family of Sunningwell and Radley (now out-of-print). Jehro Silvester was publication at the turn of the 20th century.