Radley History Club logo

Bowyer Arms

   

The Bowyer Arms, the village's public house, was built in the middle of the 19th century. The railway station lies behind it. Morland, the former Abingdon brewers, bought the pub in 1889, having previously leased it from the Bowyer Estate, and it is now owned by Greene King. It was extensively refurbished a few years ago and is now popular for entertainment and good meals.

Some of the history of the pub is given in a Radley History Club publication, The Silvester Family of Sunningwell and Radley (now out of print). Jehro Silvester was publication at the turn of the 20th century.

Bowyer Arms today

 
Bowyer Arms, Radley
 
Back to About Radley

 

 

 

 

Accessibility